What You Need to Know About Amazon Seller Centralposted on 18, 2, 2020
Succeeding on Amazon as a seller takes a lot of hard work and determination. It is no secret that Amazon is one super competitive environment where only sellers with the biggest advantages survive. For many sellers, that big advantage comes through Amazon Seller Central . However, for newbies, the concept of Seller Central can be hard to understand.
What is Amazon Seller Central?
The concept of Amazon Seller Central isn’t that hard to understand. Find out more on https://ioscout.io/fba It is basically a web interface that provides sellers with all the tools they need to establish their Amazon business without worrying about things like setting up a digital storefront or processing payments. It is the starting point of any seller on Amazon.
How to Become A Member of Amazon Seller Central
Signing up for seller central isn’t as hard as many people think. You just head on over to the Seller homepage , click on “Start Selling” and follow the instructions. For an in-depth tutorial on how to set up your Amazon Seller Central account, you can take a look at this video .
Advantages of Amazon Seller Central
So far, we have said that becoming an Amazon Central seller gives you an advantage. Here are the most important benefits of Amazon Seller Central:
- Seller Central is Easy to Use : From listing products to setting up payment methods, Seller Central makes it extremely easy. You don’t really need to have technical skills other than knowing how to use a computer and the internet to get started and hit the ground running with this web interface.
- Automates Most Mundane Seller Tasks : With Seller Amazon Central, all the mundane business tasks you need to do in a brick and mortar store are automated for you. You no longer have to manually greet customers, organize inventory, close up shop or even manually manage your finances. It is all done for you.
- Provides Access to a Large Customer Base : Amazon has millions of consumers looking for products to solve their problems every day. Seller Central is the place for these people to discover your product.
- Can Join Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) : Seller Central is an entry point into FBA, which is a program where Amazon handles all the storage and shipping of products. You never have to worry about inventory space and order fulfillment ever again. What’s more, FBA also handles returns and refunds for you.
- Provides Access to International Markets : If you want to expand your business into global territory, Seller central is the best place to do it. Ever thought about selling in Europe and Japan? Well, now you can!
Disadvantages of Amazon Seller Central
Of course, Seller Central Amazon isn’t all roses. Here are a few cons that you need to be aware of:
- It’s Not Free : If you want to become a member, you need to know about the Amazon seller central fees involved. If you are an individual, joining is free but you have to pay $0.99 for every item you sell. As for businesses, when registering, you are required to pay a monthly fee of $39.99 (you don’t get charged for every item you sell, though).
- There’s is Too Much Competition : Since Seller Central is the starting for everyone who wants to sell on Amazon, it means there is too much competition. As a seller, you need to come up with additional strategies to be more competitive.
- You Don’t Have a Lot of Control : When joining the platform, it means you are at the mercy of the terms and conditions of Amazon. From what you can sell to make dealing with your customers, Amazon dictates everything. If you don’t mind sacrificing a great degree of freedom to have access to Amazon’s large customer base, then Seller central is good for you.
- Managing Inventory is a Pain : Do you sell your products on other platforms like Spotify? If so, you have a big job ahead of you. You need to make sure that your inventory levels on Seller Central are up to date when sales are being made elsewhere.
Amazon Seller Central is a great platform for sellers who want to create an Amazon business – one that is successful. By knowing what it is, how to join and the pros and cons, you are in a better position to decide if you want to join. But once you think of the customer base you will be tapping into, that alone is enough to push you to give it serious consideration.